He Already knows.....
This week while reading, that familiar passage came up once again that, like so many others, says so very much. It was none other than Isaiah 65:24, which reads like this:
"And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear."
Now, this has been pulled from prophecy concerning God's chosen people, Israel, and their restoration with Him. However, it's none the less true to any believer today. The good news is that He has promised to hear us and to answer.
When we think on God's sovereignty, providence, omniscience, or really any attribute He possesses, we can never exhaust the depth of finding Him. His all knowing position to this life should give us great reassurance if we indeed walk with Him through our relationship with Jesus Christ.
The popular cliche often used, "He's got my back," could never be more true when this is said of the All Sufficient One. Truly, if we're His children, He's got our all. The Scripture teaches us that when we come to Him, it's a trade off; our old life, for His spotless One. As new creations, we, in all right, no longer even exist, but Christ that lives within us.
This should give us such a blessed assurance and peace of mind in which to take rest. What an honor He affords to us to "boldly enter His throne room and find grace to help in our time of need." One of such an existence should be worthy of our seeking, day by day, moment by moment. The challenge that I perceive in this Word is to do just this.
Then, while we're on the way of pursuit in Him, He's got it covered. This just seems like a deal that no one should pass up. My prayer is that you are covered as well.
May you be richly blessed in Christ,
References: Galatians 2:20 Hebrews 4:16
Well, I have spent some time pondering about my writing here. I have received a couple of directions of which I think I will go. Both will be a change slightly from the normal flow of thought. Both directions have nothing to do directly with each other, but perhaps help us understand who we are as a nation and why.
I want to begin with the first one by addressing our Second Amendment Rights because lately we are in danger of loosing them. I know I ususally focus on the 1st Amendment, but for a time let us dwell upon the 2nd Amendment.
Lets begin with the Amendment itself, it states: (A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infeigned.)
I like that phrase "free state" don't you? Now after reading the Amendment itself, let see how we can interpretate it! Here are a few ideas:
1. There is no individual right to bear arms in the Bill of Rights. - USA Today
2. Law-abiding Americans have no unconditional right to firearms access. - New York Post
3. The debate over gun control offers a revealing case study of the misuse of the Constitution. . . . the Idea that the Bill of Rights guarantees each individual a right to own a gun. . . . [is] a constitutional illusion. - The San Francisco Barriater
4. [T]he sale, manufacture, and possession of handguns ought to be banned. . . . [W]e do not believe the 2nd Amendment guarantees an individual right to keep them. - The Washington Post
5. [T]here is no Constitutional guarantee for private ownership of firearms. - Austin American Statesman
6. There is no reason for anyone in the country, for anyone except a police officer or a military person, to buy, to own, to have, to use, a handgun. - Michael Gartner, former president of NBC News
7. [T]he Second Amendment . . . protects only the right to 'bear arms' for the purpose of service in the "militia," and . . . not . . . firearm ownership unrelated to militia service. - Statement filed by fifty-two law professors and historians in a Second Amendment lawsuit
8. [T]he individual's right to bear arms applies only to the preservation or efficiency of a "well-regulated militia." Except for lawful police and military purpose, the possession of weapons by individuals is not constitutionally protected. - The ACLU
As you can see, the danger of a change in the current view of 2nd Amendment Rights is very real. An army has been rasied up against it and it fully intends to conquer! What I want to do in the next few weeks is look at orginal intent concerning this issue. Putting aside my own feeling, what were the real thoughts behind this Amendment? It is my intention to let the words of the Founders during their time define their purpose behind this Amendment.
Let's give it some thought until next week, you are invited to share your view along the way.
God bless each of you,